Sunday, April 26, 2009

Double Page Spread Draft.



This is a draft of my double page spread. For the background I have put a border which is black and white. I chose black and white because it is monochrome, which I think is a very modern theme for things, and stands out. It has a swirly pattern, which I chose for it to be like because it isn’t too much to drag your attention away from the main article, but has enough detail for the audience to at least notice and be interested in it. In the two bottom corners I have thought bubbles. I thought this would be an interesting way to add little facts about the band in, which is what the audience would probably read straight after looking at the pictures. By having them standing out like this means that even if the reader doesn’t read the whole article, they would probably most defiantly read the bubbles. By putting the bands name on a slant like I have done, makes the page a bit more interesting, and makes the page look less formal and more relaxed, which would appeal more to the type of reader. In the centre of the double page spread, i have put the word ‘exclusive’ in capital letters and in red. This is because this will grab attention from anyone reading the magazine, because of the big bold letters, and the red makes it stand out even more because it contrasts against the white, and also against the black around the outside of the page.

The way I have laid out the text of the interview, around the smaller picture and the fact bubble makes the page look neat, but not too boring. It looks interesting, and because of the way it outlines the bubble and picture, it doesn’t leave big empty gaps anywhere. By leaving the background white, makes the text contrast with it because the text is black. This would make the text stand out and be very clear. It also completes the monochrome look that the border has. Even though there is only three main colours in the lay out, when the picture is in place, it will add a lot more colour. So it is best to leave the layout without too much colour, so it doesn't get over done and look tacky.

No comments:

Post a Comment