These are pictures of my development for my contents page. The first picture is of my final development, and the one i have chosen to use. The second picture is a draft of what i wanted it to look like. I have kept the same border on each page, because it is very colourful, but not in a bold 'chunky' way. The colours blend together, as though paint has been spilt and is running into each other. This gives a really good effect because it is different and stands out. The colours on the border work well because they are bright and there is colours that will appeal to both genders, and people with different interests because there are a few different colours to look at. It also adds a lot of the colour to the page as i have left the background white. I left it white because it looks more modern and if i chose a colour to make as the background, it could blend in with parts of the border and it would look to tacky and over the top. For the title i have left it black. This is because it is a bold colour and since the background is white, it contrasts very well with it. All the letters are in capital because it makes it stand out even more. On the word 'contents' i have put in a lens flash. I put this here because it gives a really good effect to the word and makes it less plain and boring, and it also makes it look a lot more interesting and professional. It also gives a more 'Hollywood' and glamorous look as it is a bright flash, which could be represented as all the photographs taken in Hollywood all day everyday.
In the top right hand corner i have put a picture of the male person from the group featured on the front cover. In the first picture i have edited it so it is in two colours only and looks like it is glowing. This will attract the audiences attention because it is different and the bright yellow contrasts against the black, which makes it stand out more. In the second picture i had used a different image of the male. I decided not to use this one as it look to plain and the pose doesn't look as 'fun' as the image in the first picture. In the bottom left corner i have put an advertisement there. I was going to put a competition but decided not to as there is one featured on the front cover and didn't want to over do the whole 'competition' look. The advertisement that i have made is for a new guitar. I chose to make it about this because it is a music magazine, so the audience who buy this magazine will obviously be into music, so it seemed obvious and necessary to make the advert about something that relates to music. In my first draft of the advert i produced it average colours. In my second draft i decided to change this as it looked to common and plain. I decided to then make the colours darker on the background and have a 'glowing' look, which grabs attention because it looks as though it is a neon type of light.
I then decided to change the box around the list of contents. I made it less smooth, which makes it look less boxed in, and also looks more modern. This will appeal to the audience because they audience is aimed to be younger people, so modern things will be familiar to them and will be their type of style.
In the top right hand corner i have put a picture of the male person from the group featured on the front cover. In the first picture i have edited it so it is in two colours only and looks like it is glowing. This will attract the audiences attention because it is different and the bright yellow contrasts against the black, which makes it stand out more. In the second picture i had used a different image of the male. I decided not to use this one as it look to plain and the pose doesn't look as 'fun' as the image in the first picture. In the bottom left corner i have put an advertisement there. I was going to put a competition but decided not to as there is one featured on the front cover and didn't want to over do the whole 'competition' look. The advertisement that i have made is for a new guitar. I chose to make it about this because it is a music magazine, so the audience who buy this magazine will obviously be into music, so it seemed obvious and necessary to make the advert about something that relates to music. In my first draft of the advert i produced it average colours. In my second draft i decided to change this as it looked to common and plain. I decided to then make the colours darker on the background and have a 'glowing' look, which grabs attention because it looks as though it is a neon type of light.
I then decided to change the box around the list of contents. I made it less smooth, which makes it look less boxed in, and also looks more modern. This will appeal to the audience because they audience is aimed to be younger people, so modern things will be familiar to them and will be their type of style.
No comments:
Post a Comment